The Stage, part of the NFHS Podcast family, serves to give students, educators, directors, and administrators helpful tips and resources from some of the most inspiring people in the performing arts profession. Listen and learn about hard-hitting topics that will help anyone that listens!
Welcome to the official podcast of the NFHS! This podcast aims to provide insight, education, and resources to everyone involved in the high school activities setting. Listen as individuals from the NFHS and around the world share their stories and wisdom about topics like performing arts, women’s leadership, and more!
On this episode, host Ken Burke interviews Dr. David Kelley, Associate Professor in the Sport Administration Program within the University of Cincinnati’s School of Human Services. He also currently serves as the Online Master’s Degree in Sport Administration Program Coordinator and has a wealth of knowledge not only on sport administration, but on grant writing, corporate sponsorships, and more!
Throughout this conversation, we discuss:
- Having a hands-on teaching approach
- Growing programs from ”humble beginnings”
- Why it's important for educators and administrators to educate themselves on grant facilitation
- The biggest challenge when it comes to fundraising and grant writing
- Tips he would give for anyone that is interested in securing grants or writing them
Subscribe and share this episode!